Disclosure: I received product samples and compensation for sharing this information. The survey results and other information has been provided by Perrigo Nutritionals Store Brand Formula. All opinions are my own.
When I was pregnant with baby number 3 I felt for sure that I knew it all, especially when it came to feeding. See, with J-bird almost 18 years ago I was young and naive and never attempted breastfeeding. We tried and changed several different formulas before we found the “right” one. With baby number 2, Em, I began by breastfeeding. However we ended up supplementing because its what was working for us.
So as much as I was positive I would be breastfeeding baby number 3, sure enough it didn’t happen either. Seemed no matter how much I pumped while she was in NICU, it just wasn’t enough. Add to that we were advised she needed to be placed on a specialty formula for preemies. I continued to BF and FF until she was 8 months old. If there is anything I have learned by baby #3 is that formula can be a moms best friend, right next to sleep, and it aids in some shut-eye too!
The funny thing is that to this day I still have first time mama questions for our pediatrician from time to time. It’s like each pregnancy makes me more and more forgetful, I remember nothing and become a first time mama again.
A survey conducted by SERMO, in conjunction with Perrigo Nutritionals, surveyed a group of pediatricians in their online network and the majority had been asked about feeding. Doctors also had heard other questions like “Can my newborn have ice cream” and “Is it ok for my new born baby to go kite surfing on my back?” rolled in too. You can see the results of the survey down below. So I promise you, no question a new parent asks is too strange or silly! Did you know that 52% of new parents number one question is about infant feeding?
I used to be a brand specific kind of shopper. Then I realized that by reviewing the labels of the products it was all the same, just a different label. There was no need for me to continue to throw away hard-earned money simply because of packaging. Lots of new mamas are tired following delivery. If they’ve chosen not to breastfeed they are provided with their hospitals choice of brand formula. Many hospitals are now opting out of this practice, and to them I say KUDDOS!
What most moms don’t know is that the FDA strictly regulates infant formula to keep little ones safe, so store brand infant formulas, like Walmart’s Parent’s Choice and Target’s Up and Up, are nutritionally comparable to national brands like Enfamil® and Similac® and meet FDA standards. Most importantly, pediatricians agree!
Perrigo Nutritionals Store Brand Formula’s “Pulse of Pediatricians” Survey Results:
- A new, nationwide survey of pediatricians looked at the most common questions new moms will ask. 97 percent of pediatricians say feeding is one of the top three categories new moms ask about and more than half (52 percent) of pediatricians say feeding is the number one topic new moms ask about.
- “Pooping” questions were second (43 percent of respondents). Sleeping was third (41 percent).
- The results were based on a nationwide survey of pediatricians conducted by SERMO, the largest online network exclusively for physicians.
- According to the survey, 71 percent of pediatricians believe all infant formulasare basically the same; the brand doesn’t matter.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics and other experts agree on the benefits of breastfeeding; these experts also agree that infant formula is a safe, science-supported, nutritious means to nourish babies.
- Most moms don’t know that the FDA strictly regulates formula to keep little ones safe, so store brand formulas, like Wal-Mart’s Parent’s Choice and Target’s Up & Up, are nutritionally comparable to national brands like Enfamil® and Similac® and meet FDA standards.
- By switching to store brand formula, a family can save up to $600 per year without compromising quality. Visit www.storebrandformula.com for formula coupons and more information.
Samples and coupons are what new mamas live off of. But getting the same product at a cheaper price, plus having a coupon available is even better! By signing up and entering your information, you can receive a $5 infant formula coupon to be used on Store Brand Formula!
One lucky reader will receive a $25 Visa Gift Card. This giveaway will run from Oct 31st through Nov 18th, 2014. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older. This giveaway is open to residents of the United States. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. One entrant per ip address and/or household. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. You must use the Rafflecopter below to enter. Good Luck!
Disclosure: Mama’s Mission received compensation for sharing this information with you. The product, gift cards, survey results and information have been provided by Perrigo Nutritionals Store Brand Formula. The sponsor will be responsible for prize fulfillment. This giveaway is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.