For the greatest of Disney Star Wars fans, make them a treat they will never forget! The Star Wars Mickey Cookie Recipe – Luke Skywalker Cookies are a favorite in our home. Perfect for a Star Wars marathon, themed party or as a special dessert!
If you don’t have the time to make the cookies from scratch, you can always buy pre-mixed sugar cookie dough to save some time. You will still need all the food coloring – which you can purchase using the links below. The Disney Star Wars Mickey Cookie Recipe – Luke Skywalker Cookies is one of four that I will be posting in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! Next up with be Princess Leia, my personal favorite character in Star Wars.
Disney Star Wars Mickey Cookie Recipe – Luke Skywalker Cookies
Shortcut Shopping List
There are 2 ingredient lists for the Disney Star Wars Mickey Cookie Recipe – Luke Skywalker Cookies – cookies and frosting, that you will need. I’ve combined them here all into one so you can shop accordingly and then divide everything up later.
cream of tartar
black, white, grey, brown & blue gel food coloring
Tools Needed for the Disney Star Wars Mickey Cookie Recipe – Luke Skywalker Cookies – All are available on Amazon Prime (affiliate links):
- 5 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C soft unsalted butter
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Black, white, grey, brown & blue gel food coloring
- Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth not grainy to the touch in a mixing bowl.
- Add all 4 eggs at one time. Continue to mix.
- Add the vanilla. Continue mixing.
- Sift the four, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
- Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
- Put flour out on the wood cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into
- the batter. (if needed)
- Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the plaque cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Check to see if the cookies are thoroughly baked.
- Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- (About 10 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Take out 2 TBSP of icing add several drops of blue gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- Take out 3 TBSP of icing add several drops of brown gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- Take out 3 TBSP of icing add several drops of grey gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
- Divide the remaining icing into two bowls.
- The first bowl add several drops of black gel food coloring. Stir to blend.
- In the second bowl, keep this bowl of icing white.
- Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #5 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
- Using the Luke in the picture as the outline.
- Outline each of the Luke cookies in white except for the ears and the top of the V-neck. Allow to dry for about 30 seconds before filling in the cookie. Fill in where the cookie has been outlined in white with the white thinner icing.* Allow to dry for about 30 seconds.
- *Squeeze the half of the white of the icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this and mix it in.
- Leave the rest of the icing in the frosting bag for later use on the cookies.
- Referring the Luke/Mickey's picture as an outline, draw a brown belt in the middle of the cookie. Outline the belt in brown then fill it in. Use the thicker icing.
- Outline the buckle on the belt and the detail on the shirt in grey icing and fill the buckle in with thicker grey icing. Allow for it to dry for 30 seconds.
- Add a lite sabre in the blue, outlining and filling in with the thicker icing across the middle of Luke's body. Add a small square at the bottom of the lite sabre in grey, outline then fill it in with the same icing.
- Outline Mickey's/Luke's ears & collar in black then after 30 seconds for drying fill in the ears and collar in the thinner black icing. *Squeeze the half of the white of the icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this and mix it in.
- Allow cookies to dry from 5-10 hours before serving.
- To create the Disney Star Wars Mickey Cookie Recipe - Luke Skywalker Cookies you will need a Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter, icing tips, icing bags, icing bottles, and icing gel colors to create these cookies. All of these can be found on Amazon.