It’s that time of the year again – Girl Scout cookie season! Thin Mints, Trefoils, Tagalongs and of course Samoas, are some of the most popular Girl Scout cookies purchased during cookie season. The first Girl Scout cookie I ever purchased was a box of Samoas from a troop that had set up shop inside my local supermarket. Chocolate, coconut and caramel….SOLD! It’s like they created the Samoa cookie just for me. Love Samoas too? Then you’ll definitely want to try this heavenly Samoa Cookie Monkey Bread recipe out!
Samoa Cookie Monkey Bread Recipe
Shortcut shopping list – All you need is just seven (7) ingredients for this delicious and heavenly Samoa Cookie Monkey Bread recipe!
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (if using a store brand make sure they are the JUMBO biscuits)
1 stick butter
1 cup heavy cream
4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
3 cups caramel chips
3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (if using the store brand make sure to use the JUMBO biscuits)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 C heavy cream
- 4 C shredded sweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 C cocoa powder
- 3 C caramel chips
- 3 C chocolate chips
- In a non-stick pot over a low flame, slowly melt 1 1⁄2 C chocolate chips with 1⁄2 C heavy cream.
- In a separate non-stick pot over a low flame, slowly melt 1 1⁄2 C caramel chips with 1⁄2 C heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and lightly flour. *Alternatively you can use a cooking spray that contains flour.
- In a nonstick pot melt the stick of butter.
- Combine coconut (leaving 1/8 C for sprinkling) and cocoa in a small bowl.
- Working with one can at a time, cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Dip the quartered biscuit pieces into the melted butter, and then roll in the cocoa coconut mixture.
- Evenly place a layer of coated biscuits into the bundt pan.
- Top that layer with 3⁄4 C chocolate chips and 3⁄4 C caramel chips.
- Repeat the process for the other can of biscuits, topping with another 3⁄4 C chocolate chips and 3⁄4 C caramel chips.
- Place bundt pan on a cookie sheet and bake for about 40 minutes.
- When it’s fully cooked, the center will be cooked through and the edges will be brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before tipping over and placing on a cookie sheet.
- Spoon the ganache over the monkey bread and then drizzle the caramel on top of it.
- Sprinkle with the leftover shredded coconut.
- *Monkey bread gets super sticky, so be sure properly flour it if your cooking spray does not contain flour. Do not skip this step!
- Sprinkle with a little bit of extra coconut if you have any. Enjoy!