Emily loves to style her hair. Braids, pony tails, buns, up, down, to the side…she loves it all! This cute Applejack Braided Pony Tail tutorial is absolutely adorable and I can’t wait to try it on her. Be sure to check out the incredible My Little Pony Prize Pack giveaway below! This post contains affiliate links, making a purchase may earn me a commission at no extra charge to you.
My Little Pony: The Movie was just released on Digital HD! The My Little Pony: The Movie Blu-ray and On Demand release is just around the corner on January 9th, 2018. In celebration I have teamed up with Bloggin’ Mamas and My Little Pony: The Movie to share this cute hair tutorial and this amazing giveaway. But first, check out this super cool hairstyle that Heather from Bloggin’ Mamas styled on her daughter’s hair! This is a look based on Applejack, a braided ponytail! So much fun re-creating this look and it’s so adorable. You can re-create this hairstyle too, using the below tutorial!
#PonytailTuesday Hairstyle Challenge!
Applejack Braided Pony Tail Tutorial
Applejack loves to be outside. She’s honest, friendly and sweet to the core! Her friends know they can always count on her and her honesty. Her affinity towards hair accessories inspired this look. One of Snip-its Haircuts for Kids’ favorite party styles, the “One Trick Pony” gets upgraded when 3 color streaks are added. Great for party and play, your little princess will love this look and the pony who inspired it.
What You’ll Need:
– Handful of bobby pins
– 2 hair elastic bands
– Colored Hair Chalk (3 different colors)
– Snip-its Tangle Tamer Detangling Spray
– Snip-its Morning Miracle Mousse Styling Spray
– Snip-its Amazin’ Spray & Stay Hairspray
Applejack Braided Pony Tail Tips:
– Start with clean, detangled hair. Snip-its Tangle Tamer is a quick, easy and tear-free solution to any tangles and snarls.
– Part off a triangle section in the front and top section of the hair and pin this hair out of your way.
– Take the remainder of the hair and put it in a high ponytail with a plastic binder.
– Now take the hair out of the triangle section and apply the hair chalk to this section before doing a loose, 3-strand braid—finishing with another plastic binder.
– Apply a spritz of Snip-its Amazin’ Spray & Stay Hairspray just to the top braided section to seal in the color.
– Attach this braid to the ponytail, wrapping it around the plastic band, and attaching with a few bobby pins underneath.
– Take just the top section of the ponytail and divide it into 3-equal parts.
– Add a different hair chalk color streak to each of the divided, top section parts—one color per divided, top section part.
TIP: Repeating the color you used in the braid for the middle section, will make it look like one color streak continuing all the way through the style.
– Teasing the ponytail a bit from underneath shows of the color more. Use Snip-its Morning Miracle Mousse Styling spray to create the desired look and eliminate any flyaways.
– Finish by sealing the color with a few pumps of Snip-its Amazin’ Spray & Stay Hairspray.
Hair Chalk Tips
Kid-friendly hair chalk lasts 3 or 4 days. It’s temporary enough to switch up the colors and designs frequently – your little ones can use their imagination and express themselves without any permanency.
– Wetting the section of hair you’re going to color will help enhance the hue and get more chalk into the hair shaft.
– Seal in the chalk with hairspray to get the longest lasting color.
– Protective clothing and plastic gloves will help keep the color off you whilst applying. It will also easily wash off with soap and water if you do get any on you.
Stop by a Snip-its salon to meet our Kids Hair Experts and learn about trends, how-to’s and the perfect hair care for your kiddos. We Speak Kid and can’t wait for your little one’s Haircut Adventure to begin.
My Little Pony Prize Pack Giveaway
I’m so excited to team up with Bloggin’ Mamas, and a few other great bloggers to bring you a giveaway for this amazing giveaway. One lucky winner will receive a My Little Pony Prize Pack valued at $500!
Here’s what’s included in the My Little Pony Prize Pack Giveaway:
Autographed Mini One Sheet (Andrea Libman, Ashleigh Ball, Cathy Weseluck, Tabitha St.Germain, and Tara Strong)
Sia Signed Toy Singing Songbird Serenade, ARV $24.99
(3) My Little Pony: The Movie Canterlot & Seaquestria Castle with Light-up Tower TRV $299.97
My Little Pony: The Movie Seashell Lagoon Playset, ARV $39.99
My Little Pony Mermaid Blanket by Blanket Tails, ARV $36.95
My Little Pony: The Movie Blu-ray Combo Pack, ARV $39.99
My Little Pony Rainbow Dash Starlight by Lumenico, ARV $29.99
My Little Pony: The Movie Glitter & Style Seapony Twilight Sparkle, ARV $14.99
My Little Pony Shining Friends Pinkie Pie Figure, ARV $12.99
My Little Pony: The Movie Rarity Undersea Spa, ARV $12.99
One lucky reader will have the chance to win this incredible My Little Pony Prize Pack Giveaway, TRV $500. The giveaway will run until 11:59pm EST on 1/8/18. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older. This giveaway is open to residents of the US. You must use the entry form below to enter. Good Luck!
Don’t forget to enter all the other great giveaways posted regularly!
Disclosure: See Giveaway Tools widget below for full terms & conditions. Winner will be selected by Random.org and be notified by email. Winner will have until January 9th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to respond or forfeit their prize. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and Google are in no way associated with this giveaway. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to Heather Lopez Enterprises LLC. We do not share or sell information and will use any information only for contacting the winner.