This is a sponsored post written for Clean Air Moms Action. All thoughts, suggestions and ideas in Leaving the World a Better Place for Future Generations are 100% my own.
Our children are our future and their future depends on us. Not just in the everyday sense – feed them, clothe them, etc., but in the things we do now, how we live and operate in our local communities and how we take care of our world. So how can you help to ensure we are leaving the world a better place for future generations? It’s easier than you think and you might even already be doing some of these things.
Leaving the World a Better Place for Future Generations
1. Volunteer – I’ve been volunteering my time since I was a kid. It was something my family did together when I was growing up, and a tradition I am passing on to my own children. There is no greater way to show your children the importance of volunteering than by doing it together.
2. Give Back – We’ve recently implemented a new rule in our house – one in, one out (sometimes even two out). Not only does this help us keep a healthy balance on the amount of “stuff” we bring into the home, it also allows us to give back. Whether it’s toys or clothes, our gently used items are donated to a local shelter or organization that can put good use to our “stuff”. By giving back, we are helping another family in our own community!
3. Recycle – So simple, yet so important. I try to recycle everything that comes through our home – plastics, paper, electronics, etc. Even if recycling isn’t required where you live, take the initiative to find your nearest recycling center. Get the kids involved by having them draw a guide of items that can be recycled for easy reference.
4. Conserve Paper and Water – Another easy one that you won’t have to think twice about! Paper – set up all your bills to arrive by email (paperless statements), use junk mail for scrap paper, send party invitations via email or text, and use newspapers to clean windows/mirrors instead of paper towels. Water – turn it off when brushing your teeth, take showers instead of baths, use the dishwasher instead of hand washing, and harvest rain water for watering plants.
5. Take Action To Protect Our Future – “I want to leave a better place for my children…and their children.” – Alicia Bower, Miami Mother, Grandmother and Business Owner. On November 8th you have the power to leave a better world for future generations. Get the facts on all the candidates running for office, not just the President, local government too – City Commissioners, Governors, and Congress – anyone that you’ll be voting for that will be representing you, your children and your community.
Check out Miami’s local mom and grandmother Alicia Bower’s video to learn more about why she’s voting on November 8th!
Parents are powerful. We have an incredible opportunity to affect the outcome of federal, state and local elections. The same air pollution that is making our children sick is contributing to rising temperatures, extreme weather, dramatic flooding, disruptions to the food supply, increases in ground level ozone and particle pollution. In Florida, this is happening right now, and we need to find solutions. Alicia is encouraging moms everywhere to vote on Election Day. She wants all Florida parents go to the polls and elect politicians that stand with our children to make sure that we’re all addressing the impacts of climate change.
Learn more about Clean Air Moms Action – #CleanAirMomsVote