Today’s recipe was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN®. The recipe and opinions are 100% my own.
A few weeks back I introduced you to a new terminology called homegating. More importantly I promised you that I would be back with the most amazing recipe for you to recreate for your homegating guests. So here I am!!! Get ready to embark on a journey that will have your mouth-watering while making this Bacon Wrapped Pork Sliders recipe.
With a household to manage and after school activities galore, it’s not always easy finding time to get everything done. When I am pressed for time, I run to Walmart because they have everything I need – specifically low prices on all my homegating Game Day essentials – most importantly those hard to resist King’s Hawaiian Sweet Slider Rolls.
I’ve made bacon wrapped pork many times before – served over rice, thrown in a hoagie, but I’ve never tasted anything as amazing as when I served it on King’s Hawaiian Sweet Slider Rolls. The rolls were most definitely the star of this recipe, taking my bacon wrapped pork recipe and elevating it in a way that I’ve never tasted before, and bringing smiles to my guests faces.
The ingredient list for the Bacon Wrapped Pork Sliders is easy to grab when you are doing your everyday shopping at Walmart, so you’re sure to have everything you need on hand for game day. Whether you are homegating, or headed straight to the game for a tailgate, these sliders are easy to pack for on the go.
To prepare these sliders for traveling to your tailgate, simply prep the bacon wrapped pork as per the instructions below, and wrap the tin trays tightly with aluminum foil. Place your tin trays in a heat preserving bag to keep the food hot. If you will be grilling, you can just pop the tin trays right on top of the grill to heat them up. Assembling the Bacon Wrapped Pork Sliders takes no effort at all, and can be done as needed to ensure the pork stays warm. Don’t forget your avocados! Slice up your slider rolls, pork and avocados and assemble. Watch how quickly you become the main attraction – and not the game. These Bacon Wrapped Pork Sliders will be flying of the plate for a touchdown.
These ultimate homegate/tailgate sliders are sure to score you some extra points with your game-day crowd. You can always add your own twist to the Bacon Wrapped Pork Sliders to give it your own personal favorite flavors. Add mayo, or a chipotle sauce for an extra kick. The options are endless but really the recipe is perfect just the way it is, thanks to the sweetness of the King’s Hawaiian Sweet Slider Rolls! To see more great recipes like this one and for great game-time ideas, be sure to follow along on social media with #KHGameTime!
Bacon Wrapped Pork Sliders
Ingredients Shortcut shopping list
2 pkgs King’s Hawaiian Sweet Slider Rolls
1 pkg center cut bacon
2.5lbs pork loin
16oz bottle brown sugar bbq sauce
1 Spanish onion – optional
- 2 pkgs King's Hawaiian Sweet Slider Rolls
- 1 pkg center cut bacon
- 2.5lbs pork loin
- 16oz bottle brown sugar bbq sauce
- 4 avocados
- Mayonnaise - optional
- 1 Spanish onion - optional
- Cut pork loin into 4 equal pieces - about 10 inch long.
- Place bacon and pork loin in a large bowl.
- Pour the entire bottle of brown sugar bbq sauce into the bowl. Mix until all pieces are well coated.
- Wrap bacon pieces around pork loin sections.
- Place 2 pieces of bacon wrapped pork loin into a small oven safe tray or dish.
- Cover trays and place in fridge for at least 2 hours to marinate - 24 hours is the recommended time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook bacon wrapped pork for 30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145 degrees is reached. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut your slider rolls in half to open, spread out all bottoms across a serving tray.
- Slice the bacon wrapped pork into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices and place on slider bottoms
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit - while still inside its skin, slice lenght-wise 1/8 - 1/4 inch pieces
- Use a spoon to gentle remove from skin and place 2-3 slices on top of each slider
- Top with bun and serve immediately
- Add mayo or chipotle for a flavor kick! Slice up Spanish onion for an extra sweet crunch.
Disclosure: This blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions are all my own. I received compensation for sharing this post. Regardless, I only share products that I truly believe in and use for my family, that I feel will be a good fit for you the reader. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.