Disclosure: Today’s story, How to Experience the Air Show Like a Pro, was sponsored by AT&T but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience. My family attended the Fort Lauderdale Air Show as guests of #ATTGoPhone.
After several years on hiatus from Fort Lauderdale, the Air Show returned this past weekend with lightning speed flyovers and rumbling roars overhead. Numerous jets and fighter planes, including performances by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and Canadian Air Force Snowbirds, flew low across the streets and beaches off Sunrise Blvd and A1A. Demonstrations by the U.S. Navy F/A-18 Hornet, U.S. Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier, Canadian Armed Forces CF-18 and F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter were put on display for all in attendance.
My family was invited to welcome to the Air Show back to South Florida this past Mother’s Day weekend. When I think about how I want to spend my Mother’s Day weekend, hanging out on the beach with my family pretty much tops that list and thanks to my partnership with AT&T Go Phone I was able to make that happen. As we all know, outings with the little ones is a blast, but does take preparation. To make sure I stayed connected with my friends and readers I was provided a GoPhone-compatible 4G LTE smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy Express Prime and a $45 refill card.
Activating the GoPhone was a breeze. I popped the battery into the phone, selected the $45 a month plan, loaded up the prepaid card and I was ready to go. Getting the girls ready took a bit longer than I anticipated, so my husband told me to run ahead and get to the show so I could map out our day. Staying connected when I am on the go is important in my line of work but more importantly whenever I am separated from my husband. Whether I am taking calls from clients, discovering new places to explore or posting to my social accounts to share with my readers, my phone always has to be charged and ready. Normally it would only take me 15 minutes to get to the area where the Air Show was happening, but with A1A closed traffic came to a screeching halt. Fortunately, I had connected my AT&T GoPhone to the Bluetooth in my car, and was able to quickly place a call to my husband to let him know to take an alternative route.
While I waited for my family to meet me, I bumped into an old friend. We quickly exchanged numbers and figured we’d bump into each other on the beach. As soon as my husband arrived with the girls we stopped by the AT&T booth for a few surprises for the girls. They were able to make their own sunglasses using different colored pieces. The girls also picked out the airplane design they wanted for their free t-shirts that saved me at least $50 and a stop at the Air Show merchandise tent. Upon entering the Drop Zone, we quickly realized how many people were just as excited as we were to have the Air Show back in town. I texted my friend to see find out the best spot for viewing and we were able to reconnect and have a great time sharing old stories and creating new memories with our families.
Having the GoPhone by my side at the Air Show allowed me to focus more on my family and the show without worrying about exceeding my data usage when sharing photos with friends. My GoPhone was able to do everything my husbands smartphone could do but at a fraction of the price.
It’s so easy to use that within minutes Emily was taking pictures of her favorite moments. Watching her snap away brought pure joy to my heart as she squealed with excitement – creating the perfect Mother’s Day weekend. On our way home I uploaded all the photos she took so that we could have them printed for show and tell in school this week. Once we were home we cuddled on the couch with our GoPhone in hand to search the internet to learn more about all of the planes and jets we saw. The stress-free one-on-one time I was able to enjoy with Emily was priceless, and I couldn’t have done it without my GoPhone service plan.
Enjoying the great outdoors during the beautiful summer weather is at the top of my list of things to do with the family. I prefer to focus on capturing memories rather than worrying about data overages and monthly wireless bills. Switching to GoPhone service is super easy and affordable, with exceptional prices on the latest smartphones if you are looking to upgrade your current phone.
If you are headed to your local Air Show, check out these tips on how to experience the Air Show like a pro!
How to Experience the Air Show Like a Pro
- Purchase Drop Zone or VIP tickets early on when early bird discounts are available.
- Get organized with everything you need the night before. Pack sunscreen, beach chairs, an umbrella, towels, and snacks & drinks.
- Arrive early! Avoid traffic on the roads and get a good view spot by arriving when gates open.
- Visit the sponsor booths. The AT&T booth was giving away sunglasses and t-shirts – saving you money on Air Show merchandise!
- Bring your AT&T Go Phone to capture all the events of the day and stay connected with friends and family.
Be on the lookout for an AT&T booth at your next summer music, sports or family-friendly festival destination. Check out their cool virtual reality experience, or sit and relax in the shade while you re-charge your phone.
Ready to make the switch to GoPhone, here are 5 reasons to do it today!
1. The GoPhone service is on AT&T’s 4G LTE network.
2. Choose and change your GoPhone plan whenever you want, no strings attached.
3. The latest 4G LTE Android smartphones at affordable prices, including Samsung, LG and Apple.
4. Already have a phone? AWESOME! GoPhone service is compatible with most phones, including iPhones, giving new and current AT&T customers the ability to easily connect their phone to the GoPhone plan of their choice.
5. Affordable monthly rates without a contract that includes unlimited talk and text.
– Plans start as low as $30 a month. Need data? Get unlimited talk, text nationwide and data usage with the first 2 GB at high-speed on the $45 monthly plan.
– Travel often to Mexico & Canada, or have friends and family you want to stay in touch with? For $60/mo you get unlimited talk, text & data usage with 5GB of high-speed data, unlimited calling from the US to Mexico & Canada as well as roaming in Mexico and Canada.
– Using your credit/debit card or bank account to stay connected through the Auto Pay feature you can save an additional $60 per year – $5/mo.
How will you use the AT&T GoPhone to stay connected?
Get social with AT&T and see how others are using their #ATTGoPhone to enjoy events, outings and more with their families! Join the conversation online by sharing your #ATTGoPhone adventures.
One lucky reader will have a chance to win a GoPhone-compatible 4G LTE smartphone and a $45 refill card, ARV $144.99. The giveaway begins on 5/12/16 at 12:00pm and ends on 5/23/16 at 11:59pm. Open to residents of the continental United States who are at least 18 years of age. You must enter using the Rafflecopter form below to enter for your chance to win. Good luck!
Disclosure: How to Experience the Air Show Like a Pro was sponsored by AT&T but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience. The sponsor will be responsible for prize fulfillment. One entrant per household, email address and/or IP address. If you have won this prize on another blog you may be ineligible to win again. Confirmed winner(s) will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be drawn. Void where prohibited by law. No Purchase Necessary. Ends May 23, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Subject to complete Official Rules: ATTGoPhone Promotion Official Rules. All winners are subject to verification. I reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for claiming entries for tasks not completed. This giveaway is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.