Do you have a little one on the way or know someone who does? These important steps will help any new parent take the necessary precautions to ensure that their home is safe for baby’s arrival!
– Install child proof locks on all cabinets and drawers.
– Install stove guard to prevent little ones from reaching up.
– Install a toilet seat lid latch
– Install child proof locks on all cabinets and drawers
– Install doorknob locks
– Install a chain guard high up out of reach
– Make sure all windows are operating properly and all locks are in working order
– Secure any and all dangling cords out of reach
Chemicals and cleaning detergents:
– Place all chemicals and cleaning detergents high up, out of reach and behind locked cabinets. It takes just two seconds for a curious crawler to get into trouble.
– Consider placing an area rug or foam mats in areas that your baby will be playing in.
– It is highly recommended to secure all furniture to the wall. It doesn’t matter how sturdy it is. Kids are known from getting into the weirdest things. A dresser drawer opened by a child can lead to the dresser tipping over.
– Anything that throws of light should be secured. Like bees to flowers, that mysterious glow will attract your children. Secure your televisions to the wall to prevent them from toppling over.
– Install safety gates – at the bottom and top of the staircase. These gates are also great in so many other areas. We use one to block access to the kitchen.
Most importantly, get down on all fours and crawl around your house. If you can reach, grab or pull at it, then so can your little one. Then sit down in front of various areas of your home. This would equal to about standing position. Can you reach it, can you pull it? If so, find another place for it.
Have some tips or suggestions to share? Leave them below and I will gladly add them in!