Make this Halloween more magical with fun Halloween Minnie Mouse Witch cupcakes for your favorite little mouse lover! When Halloween comes around everyone loves to dress in costume, and a Halloween Minnie Mouse Witch cupcakes will be the life of the dessert table.
If you don’t have the time to make cupcakes or frosting from scratch, you can always buy the boxed cupcake mix and pre-made frosting. You will still need food coloring or cocoa powder to color the frosting. Alternatively, you can also just use candy corn in place of the orange fondant for the witch hats.
Minnie Mouse Witch Cupcakes
Shortcut shopping list
There are 3 ingredient lists – Cupcakes, frosting and decorations, you will need, I’ve combined them here all into one so you can shop accordingly and then divide everything up later:
1 1/2 C unsalted butter
1/2 C sour cream
3/4 C heavy cream
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 C unsweetened baking cocoa
3/4 C cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powder sugar
1 1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C water
Bag mini Oreo cookies
Orange fondant – or bag of Candy Corn
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 C heavy cream
- 3/4 C cocoa powder
- 3 C powder sugar
- Black Sprinkles
- Bag mini Oreo cookies
- Orange fondant
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Combine sour cream and water.
- Begin to add the dry ingredients to the eggs and vanilla mixture. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the sour cream and water mixture. Beat to combine after each addition.
- Scoop batter into cupcake paper liners until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes while in the cupcake pan.
- Remove from the cupcake pan placing on a wire rack until completely cool.
- Beat butter in a medium mixing bowl on medium speed or until fluffy.
- Add dark cocoa powder and powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until blended.
- Test to see if frosting can make and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turn the spoon upside down. If the frosting holds to the spoon then it is ready, if not fold in more powdered sugar.
- Scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large star frosting tip. Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Begin frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working inward to the center of the cupcake.
- Pour the black sprinkles into a bowl.
- Dip each frosted cupcake into the bowl with sprinkles. Make sure that all of the frosting is covered.
- Add 1 mini Oreo to each side of the frosted/sprinkled cupcake.
- Tear the orange fondant into small pieces then roll it into a ball.
- Working with your hands shape the fondant into a witches hat.
- Place the hat on the center on top of the frosted cupcake.
- If you don't have the time to make cupcakes or frosting from scratch, you can always buy the boxed cupcake mix and pre-made frosting. You will still need food coloring or cocoa powder to color the frosting. Alternatively, you can also just use candy corn in place of the orange fondant for the witch hats.