When the hours whirl by and dinner time is rolling around….suddenly you realize you haven’t even started to plan anything….and the kids are going to be hungry…what do you do??? Putting together a dinner meal that won’t cost a fortune is easier than you think when you’ve got helper on your side! When you haven’t had the time to plan out dinner, don’t you wish you had a helper on your side to whip up something in a snap?
Most weekday evenings I try to make dinner at home. Not every meal is a seven course feast, but it’s comforting to know that I made it. Coming up with different ideas to keep the family excited isn’t always easy. Especially if they are craving a certain taste of food from outside or a meal that could otherwise take hours to make. For hubby that’s lasagna, for me, stroganoff and tacos. That’s why I love the assortment of dishes you can make with the Helper.
Helper can help you get an easy family dinner on the table quickly and relatively cheaply. When you purchase 3 boxes of Helper, you can get 1lb of ground beef for free! Yes, #FreeBeef!!! Need a quick dinner recipe? A Hamburger Helper recipe can solve that problem.
Helper puts a value meal for under $2 on your table in under 30 minutes. Helper has always provided a great value to my family because it brings us together quicker and with more time to spare to enjoy our evening. My favorite Helper recipe is the Crunchy Taco. With rice, beef, taco seasoning, crunchy corn chips, cheese sauce, and of course some I throw on some extra shredded mozzarella cheese for yummy goodness. The Crunchy Taco can be made with chicken or beef, so you can easily satisfy any protein craving. It’s so easy to make that even J-bird can whip up dinner for us!
Preparing the recipe is simple. Helper comes with everything you need inside the box, all you need to do is add the #FreeBeef. The instructions are right on the back of the box for each protein recipe.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 box Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco
- 2 1/4 cups hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup milk (for topping)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown beef in 10-inch skillet; drain
- Stir in 1 cup of milk, hot water, sauce mix and rice. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat. Cover, simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender. Meanwhile, stir 1/3 cup milk and topping mix in bowl.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with corn chips. Add topping and enjoy!
- My variation came in during Step 3 - also grate some mozzarella cheese and Step 4 - plate each serving in individual bowls, sprinkle with corn chips, add topping, add shredded cheese. This makes for the beautiful presentation you see in the pictures above.
- Chopped pickled jalapeno chiles, tomatoes, sour cream, beans and pretty much anything else you enjoy!
- For an added twist you can use this fun family recipe to make loaded nachos. Simply pile a bunch of nachos onto a large plate instead of individual bowls.
Additional fresh twists you can add to your Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco recipe are: chopped pickled jalapeno chiles, tomatoes, sour cream, beans and pretty much anything else you enjoy! For an added twist you can use this fun family recipe to make loaded nachos. Simply pile a bunch of nachos onto a large plate instead of individual bowls. There are so many different ways to enjoy Hamburger Helper.
Try out Hamburger Helper for yourself with the protein rebate and let me know what you think. Not only does Helper help you stretch your dollar, but all the hamburger varieties, use one pan. It’s that simple, one pan prep! The Hamburger Helper rebate is quick and easy to submit. Only the Helper can put ground beef meals on your table in a flash. Be sure to make your purchase prior to 5/31 and postmark your protein rebate by 6/30! So how do you get your #FreeBeef rebate from #Helper?
1. Visit your local grocer, and purchase three Hamburger Helper products and 1lb of Ground Beef (any brand up to $8.06.)
2. Visit the campaign landing page. You will see the digital rebate: “Free Ground Beef, when you buy 3 boxes of Helper.” Please note that you may also buy Chicken Helper or Tuna Helper.
3. Click on the rebate.
4. Print and mail in the rebate form along with your original 4 proofs of purchase UPC’s (3 Helper and 1 Ground Beef) and original receipt.
Disclosure: Today’s post is sponsored by Helper, but my love for their Free Ground Beef Rebate option is all my own! All opinions are 100% mine. I received compensation for creating this recipe using the Hamburger Helper brand specified product(s) mentioned above and sharing the rebate information. Regardless, I only share products that I truly believe in and use for my family, that I feel will be a good fit for you the reader. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.