My good friend and author Lori Verni-Fogarsi aka Lori The Author was kind enough to put together a little something for us moms who are overworked, underpaid, and looking for that bit of oomph back in our lives. Without further interruption, allow me to introduce to you:
Bringing Your “Sexy” Back After Kids
Sexy. It’s a word that for a lot of moms—especially those with young kids—may bring thoughts such as:
“Sure, I used to be sexy.”
“Sexy? I’m too exhausted for that!”
“Oh yeah, spit-up stains are super sexy!” (insert sarcastic eye-roll)
I completely understand. In fact, I can remember confiding in a friend, when my babies were two and four, “Honestly, I couldn’t care less if I never had sex again.” And at the time, I meant it!
Of course, not all moms feel this way, but in my experience, many do. When I released my first novel, “Momnesia,”—which is about an average suburban mom who feels invisible and sets about finessing a new version of her old vivaciousness—I was honored to receive dozens of emails from readers saying they felt exactly the same way!
Most recently, I compiled “Ignite,” a book of short story erotic fiction written specifically with moms in mind. Each story features a “regular mom” finding her sexy side.
Five Tips for Bringing Your “Sexy” Back After Kids
- Stop comparing your body to the one you had before: You’ve had kids! Instead, strive to embrace who you are now.
- Put your man into perspective. He doesn’t expect you to look like you did before, and he probably doesn’t either. He loves you. He wants to get laid. Men are simple creatures. Remember this.
- Do little things for yourself so you don’t feel so invisible in the first place. Lighting scented candles, talking on the phone with a friend, or listening to music (not sung by cartoon characters), can really make a difference!
- “Train” your husband and kids into realizing that you are important too. It is not unreasonable for your husband to watch them so you can take a bubble bath for an hour, or for you to say “no” to a fifth round of Candyland so you can relax before cooking dinner.
- Help yourself get turned on. This might include reading a spicy short story such as those in “Ignite,” spending a few minutes doing some deep breathing, watching an adult video, or some other thing that helps light your fire.
Thanks for visiting the “Ignite” tour! I hope you enjoyed the tips above and I look forward to your comments!
Be sure to stop by here to enter in the “Ignite” Tour Giveaway with over 40 awesome prizes for you to win!