The hottest thing playing in the theaters now is the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie, which has many people divided. Are you Team Batman or Team Superman? If you are throwing a Batman themed party, these Batman cupcakes are sure to be the hit of the dessert table!
Batman Cupcakes and Frosting ingredients shortcut shopping list
Butter, unsalted sweet cream
1/2 dz large eggs
Pint skim milk
Small heavy whipping cream
French Vanilla Cake Mix
Small bag of powdered sugar
Black and yellow food dye
- 1 box French Vanilla cake mix
- 1 C skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 C softened unsalted butter
- Black and Yellow food dye
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 2 TSP vanilla
- 1 C powdered sugar
- black and yellow food dye
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, milk, eggs and butter into a medium bowl and mix using a hand mixer until combined and thick.
- Evenly distribute the batter into two bowls.
- Squeeze a few drops of black dye to one bowl and mix.
- Squeeze a few drops of yellow dye to the other bowl and mix.
- Line the cupcake pan with yellow cupcake liners.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop either the black or yellow batter to start into the bottom of the liner.
- Repeat by alternating the yellow or black batter depending on which you started with until the liner is 3/4 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes.
- Combine the butter, 2 TBS heavy cream, vanilla and 3/4 C powdered sugar into a standing mixing bowl, mix on medium speed until creamed.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and heavy cream and mix until stiff.
- Evenly distribute the frosting into two bowls and add a few drops of black dye to one bowl and yellow dye to the other bowl.
- Using a pasty bag (or Ziploc bag) with a star tip, scoop yellow frosting into the bag and use the back of a spoon to smooth frosting towards one side of the bag.
- Add black frosting to the other side of your pasty bag.
- Pipe the black and yellow frosting onto cupcakes in a swirling motion.
- Want to surprise your guests? Use a colorful filling to fill your cupcakes. Simply add your filling into a pastry bag with a narrow or star tip attached. Insert tip about 1 inch into the cupcake and fill with approximately 1 to 2 tbsp of filling.