Every evening when the girls go to sleep we have a special routine – and if I miss a step they are quick to let me know. After they are all tucked into bed with their loveys, I turn on a lullaby – and have to leave my phone in their room until they fall asleep. Which depending on Em’s tiredness can take some time. I don’t mind, I can live without my phone, it’s just that sometimes I forget to put it on airplane mode and a call comes in and stops the music. The creative geniuses at Baby Stars realized this and developed the first ever 3 in 1 musical player that grows with your child – and offered one up to me to check out! Last week we welcomed the snu:mee into our home, our hearts and bedtime became a breeze.
You may well recognize the name Baby Stars – the musical wonders that have turned popular rock and pop songs that parents love into beautiful lullabies that children can enjoy. Giving up their phones and tablets so that their children could enjoy the lullabies they realized they needed to create a user-friendly device that could stay in the child’s room and be controlled from the parents phone – the snu:mee.
The snu:mee isn’t just a music player, it also serves as a baby monitor, mp3 player and Wi-Fi speaker. The snu:mee can be controlled directly from the device itself or through the Baby Stars Rock to Sleep app – the app also serves as a Mobile music box allowing you to listen to all your music, and record your own music or bedtime stories in your voice. From the app I can run the snu:mee, playing music or using it as a baby monitor to listen in on the girls while they are asleep or in another room – and talk to them! I transferred my favorite songs from my phone right to the app and was able to play them for the girls on the snu:mee and create unique playlists to help them drift off to sleep at night.
Baby Stars snu:mee features:
- Baby monitor with up to 300m signal range – perfect for most homes!
- Feature packed MP3 player – filled with songs you can control.
- Free app for iOS and Android – easy to set up and simple to control.
- 60 decibel volume limiter for babies’ sensitive hearing – they really thought of everything.
- Headphone connector – perfect for your growing children to take their music on the go or when traveling.
- Sleep timer allowing you to decide how long the music plays – no more sneaking in to turn the music off.
- Wi-Fi music streaming – BEST FEATURE EVER!
- Secure connection – especially important when being used in monitor mode.
- Variety of cuddly sleeves to choose from – we love the Star!
- 4GB memory, enough for more than 500 songs – I’ve added nearly all my songs and I still have space for more.
So where can you get a snu:mee? The snu:mee was first released in Europe, but it’s coming to the U.S. and starts shipping in April. It’s expected to retail for about $139 – but thanks to the crowdfunding campaign that Baby Stars launched recently, you can pre-order your snu:mee now via the Super Early Bird for just $79! That’s almost half-off the suggested retail price and your snu:mee comes with 12 amazing lullabies included (like my beloved P!nk.) If you opt for the featured special for $10 more (which I suggest) you’ll also get an adorable Cuddly Sleeve which retails for $18 – choose from 10 different designs, we have the Star and the girls love it.
Disclosure: The materials and samples were provided to me by Baby Stars for review. I have not been compensated for sharing my thoughts and opinions – which are my own and were in no way influenced by the above mentioned company. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.