Monster Jam revs back into town on January 3, 2015 for one day only at Sun Life Stadium in Miami!
My family has attended Monster Jam shows for years. Even the girls have come with us from a very young age. Now that Em is a bit older and can understand the concept better it’s even more of a blast. Seeing her reactions to these BIG MONSTER trucks racing around is priceless. We ease the noise levels for the girls by using noise canceling headphones or ear plugs depending upon the age.
The races, the stunts, the derby…there is so much happening and so much excitement!
Welcome to Monster Jam, an incredible family friendly experience starring the biggest performers on four wheels: Monster Jam monster trucks. These twelve-feet-tall, ten-thousand-pound machines will bring you to your feet, racing and ripping up a custom-designed track full of obstacles to soar over – OR smash through. Monster Jam provides a massive night’s entertainment tailored perfectly for your family’s budget, and these colorful, larger-than-life beasts are sure to capture the hearts of both young and old.
Curious about what it’s like to be at a Monster Jam show?
Be sure to check out all the other cool Monster Jam videos!
Show time is 7pm on 1/3/15 with a Pit Party from 2pm – 5pm! ** Doors open one hour prior to show time.
Normally adult tickets start at $20 and kids are just $10, with all adult tickets $2 more day of show. But I’ve got a special discount code for you to use to get your family in the door for WAY LESS! Buy 4 tickets for only $54* when you use code FAMILY online with Ticketmaster or over the phone.
Tickets are on sale at the arena box offices, all Ticketmaster retail outlets, www.ticketmaster.com, or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
Be sure to get in on the excitement by sharing you photos on social media with the official Monster Jam hashtag #MyMonsterJam! Like most people, Grave Digger is my favorite! Do you have a Monster Jam favorite?
Here is some fun Monster Jam Trivia (answers in bold)
1. Body – Made of_____________, a monster truck body is custom designed to create a character or theme for the truck.
2. Driver Seat – Most monster trucks have the driver seated ______________the vehicle so he or she can best see the track for weight distribution.
- in the center of
- on top of
- on the left side of
3. As a safety measure, all seatbelts employ ________________ to restrain the driver’s body.
- an auto-lock feature
- a 5 point harness
- an escape pod
4. Paint – Most Monster Jam® monster trucks require _______________ of paint time.
- more than 25 days
- more than 40 hours
- less than 10 hours
5. Engines – Custom-built, supercharged and methanol-injected, a monster truck engine burns up to _________________ of methanol per run (approximately 80 meters) and delivers about __________________.
- 30 liters; 2,000 horsepower
- 10 liters; 1,500 horsepower
- 5 liters; 1,000 horsepower
6. Suspension System – In order to allow the drivers to withstand the punishing impacts of jumping and crashing a monster truck during a performance, each Monster Jam monster truck is equipped with specially-engineered extra long 76cm shock absorbers filled with oil and ________________________ that are installed with each tire.
- nitrogen gas
7. Each monster truck tire is custom-made but must be ______________ inches high and _____________ inches wide.
- 120; 99
- 33; 33
- 66; 43
8. The average monster truck team will go through _____________ tires in one year.
9. ________________ was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
10. More than ____________________ Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
- 1 million
- 2 million
- 4 million
11. The World Finals in ____________________ brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
- Houston, TX
- Las Vegas, NV
- Atlanta, GA
12. A monster truck race team will travel _______________ Miles a year by land to attend events.
- 1 million
13. Typical monster trucks cost ___________________ yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
- $1 million
14. Average number of cars crushed per year: _____________________.
Win a Family Day With Monster Jam!
One lucky reader will have a chance to win a family four pack of tickets to Monster Jam, ARV $80. The giveaway will begin on 12/24/14 and ends on 12/28/14 at 11:59pm. Please note that winning tickets being offered are for the Jan. 3rd, 7pm show. Open to residents of the US, who are at least 18 years of age. Transportation to/from the event and parking are not included. One entrant per household, email address and/or IP address. If you have won this prize on another blog you may be ineligible to win again. Confirmed Winner(s) will be contacted by email and have 48 hours to respond before a new winner will be drawn. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. All winners are subject to verification. I reserve the right to disqualify any entrant for claiming entries for tasks not completed. You must enter using the Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Monster Jam. I was offered to host a giveaway and share a discount code for my readers. *Valid on $30, $22, and $18 seats. No double discounts. Restrictions, service charges, handling and facility fees may apply. Not valid day of show. The sponsor holds the sole responsibility for prize fulfillment. This giveaway is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network. The disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.